Zapier is an online tool for automating tasks that allows you to link your apps and services, such as Gmail, Slack, Mailchimp, and RSS. It also automates repetitive jobs without having to learn how to code.
"Zaps" is the concept that Zapier uses to automate jobs. Basically, a "Zap" is an automatic process that links your apps and services together. There is a "trigger" and one or more "actions" in each zap.
1.) Create an account on Zapier.
2.) From the side menu, click on Zaps.
3.) Click on Make a New Zap.
4.) Search for nandbox.
5.) Choose the trigger: New Post in Channel.
6.) Connect a new account by clicking Sign in.
You will be asked for an API key.
Please note that you can follow the same steps mentioned above to integrate your app or your account on nandbox messenger.
7.) To get the API key, sign in to your nandbox app builder account and click 'BOT & API' from the admin menu.
8.) Click ‘Create’.
9.) Select the Zapier bot and click 'Add'.
10.) Hover over the bot and click the ‘View Details’ button.
11.) Click ‘Chat with this Bot’
12.) Next, you need to make the Zapier bot an admin in your app; type /add in the chatbox.
13.) Next, type /apikey in the chat box and click Send. Then copy the API key.
14.) Now paste the key and click Continue.
15.) Now go back to the Zapier website, you should find your channel in the trigger options, select it, and continue.
16.) Next, Zapier will ask you to test the trigger. Make sure that you already have a post published on your channel to insert it for testing, and Zapier will detect it.
17.) If yes, you’re ready to click Publish Zap and turn it on.
18.) Next, you can choose different actions from multiple apps.
19.) Select your app, and select the action within the app.
20.) When setting up the action, you have the option to include thirteen sets of data:
- Channel: Choose a specific channel and make sure you are on it.
- Message Text: You can also manually include text in the message.
- Send as a bot: Send direct messages as a bot.
- Bot Name: Choose a name for your bot.
- Include a link to this Zap: Zap links will be attached to your messages.
- Attach Image by URL: Insert the URL of an image to be attached to your message.
- Auto-Expand Links: Your app will automatically enlarge links sent.
- Link Usernames and Channel Names: For specifying certain channels and users to be linked.
- Schedule At: Set a date and time for a specific post to be uploaded.
- File: Insert a file URL to be attached to your message.
Check out this Zapier article as it includes more information regarding the scheduling and file inserting processes.
- Thread: If you want your action to be part of a thread.
- Broadcast To Channel: It depends if your message is part of a thread or not.
22.) Click continue.
23.) Test your action.
24.) Finally, click Publish Zap, now your nandbox integration with Zapier is complete!
Moreover, you can also set any app as the trigger and nandbox app as the action, which is another form of nandbox messenger integration with Zapier!
Setting up nandbox as the action:
1.) Set the trigger from the different apps available on Zapier.
2.) In the action section, search for nandbox Messenger.
3.) Choose to create a post in a channel.
4.) Choose your nandbox account.
5.) Select your nandbox channel.
6.) Set up the action.
7.) Click Test action.
8.) Lastly, click Publish Zap and then turn it on!
Updated 4 days ago